'Spring (Apple Blossoms)' by John Everett Millais
Many leading artists feature in more than one of our collections. The following artists have works featured in several of our venues' collections:
- Sir Joshua Reynolds, 1723 - 1792
- George Stubbs, 1724 - 1806
- Joseph Wright of Derby, 1734 - 1797
- Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775 - 1851
- Ford Madox Brown, 1821 - 1893
- William Holman Hunt, 1827 - 1910
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti, 1828 - 1882
- Sir John Everett Millais, 1829 - 1896
- Frederic Lord Leighton, 1830 - 1896
- Edward Coley Burne-Jones, 1833 - 1898
National Museums Liverpool maintains three major fine art collections; those of the Walker Art Gallery and Sudley House in Liverpool and the Lady Lever Art Gallery in Port Sunlight. You can see highlights from these collections on their respective websites.
Not all artworks in our collections are currently available to view online.