This website contains copyright materials and works belonging to the Board of Trustees of National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside and third parties. These materials are protected by copyright law. The Trustees warrant that they either hold copyright for materials used on this site or have made reasonable efforts to ascertain and obtain licence to use copyright vested in third parties. However, no absolute assurances can be provided in this respect. If you know of or suspect any copyright infringement on this site please contact us.
The copying or redistribution of the materials featured in these pages in any manner, for commercial use or personal gain, is prohibited. If you wish to reproduce any material carried on this site you should contact us (see below) . To reproduce materials in any form without the permission of the copyright holder constitutes an infringement of copyright law.
All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided on this website is accurate. However, we make no guarantees for the currency or accuracy of information. National Museums Liverpool is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Unless otherwise specified in the label accompanying an image, all images on this website are the copyright of National Museums Liverpool. If you are wanting to use an image that belongs to a third party you must contact that party yourself - we cannot give permission for you to use an image we do not own and cannot enter into negotiations on your behalf.
- If you want to use an image for press purposes contact our press team.
- If you want to reproduce an image or purchase an image, for either private or commercial purposes, contact our photography department.
- If you are a non-profit organisation and want to use an image on your website contact our web team.
If you suspect that an image we feature does not belong to National Museums Liverpool please let us know.
Video produced by NML is usually hosted on our YouTube and Vimeo pages and embedded on this site. We are happy for the content to be embedded on other sites with the following provisos:
- The video is not embedded on the website of a commercial company without our express permission, which we may not give. That includes informative or supporting sites run by a commercial organisation.
- Videos marked with any sort of copyright notice should not be used unless our permission has been sought. In some cases, where a copyright lies with a third party, we may not be able to grant permission.
- The video is marked © National Museums Liverpool and a link is provided to our main site (www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk).
For further information please contact our web team.
Quoting from this site
Generally we are happy for small sections of text from our site to be reused for personal and non-profit purposes. We simply ask that you recognise the source of the copy using the line
© National Museums Liverpool, and preferably provide a link back to the relevant page. Any other uses, eg a publication, require permission and you should initially contact our web team.
If you know of or suspect a copyright infrigement please let us know.
Linking to this site
We are happy for other websites to link to us. You do not need to contact us for permission.