About National Museums Liverpool
National Museums Liverpool is a group of museums and galleries. Our diverse venues attracted more than 3 million visitors last year.
Our collections are among the most important and varied in Europe and contain everything from Impressionist paintings and rare beetles to a lifejacket from the Titanic. You can explore our collections online.
To be the world’s leading example of an inclusive museum service.
1. We are an inclusive and democratic museum service. We aim to maximise social impact and educational benefit for all – museums change lives.
2. Museums are fundamentally educational in purpose.
3. Museums are places for ideas and dialogue, that use collections to inspire people; we do not avoid contemporary issues or controversy.
4. Museums help promote good citizenship, and act as agents of social change: NML believes in the concept of, and campaigns for, social justice.
5. We believe in sustainable development and we have a role to play in the conservation and protection of the built and natural environment.
6. We believe in innovation so as to keep our public offer fresh and challenging, while behaving ethically, and working with partners who support our values.
Our museums and galleries
Find out more about us