Application to the charity
- Date of application: 25 April 1910
- Place of birth: St Helen's
- Age: 11
- Father’s name: Alfred
- Mother’s name: Not recorded
- Condition: Healthy
- Admitted to: Rosen Hall, Girls' Emigration Training Home
- Ship: Tunisian
- Date of departure: 4 May 1911
- Date of arrival: 13 May 1911
- Destination: Belleville, Ontario
Listen to some of Lily's story, or read the transcript below:
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin
"Hello my name is Lily Hall. I am 11 years old and I live in St Helens. My application to migrate to Canada went in on 25th April 1910 and I actually boarded the boat on 4th May 1911.
My father couldn’t really look after me as he lived with a lady who drinks too much and the NSPCC said that I had to be taken and saved as I was living in a bad home. It was difficult for me to settle as my brother-in-law kept writing to me and asking me to live with him and it was hard to be away from my family."