Frequently asked questions
1. How quickly will my welcome pack arrive?
Once we have received your payment, your membership pack will be sent out. During busy periods it may take up to a week for your pack to be sent out.
If you join at one of our venues you will receive your membership card which you can use immediately to get your discounts. The rest of your membership pack will follow in the post.
2. How do I give membership as a gift?
There is a section on the membership form that you should complete. If you are paying online, there is an option to give membership as a gift.
If you give membership as a gift we will send the welcome pack directly to you. If you would prefer us to send the welcome pack directly to the gift recipient there is a box on the sign-up form which you should tick.
3. What benefits do members get?
All members receive the following standard benefits:
- Discounts - receive 50% discount on tickets for the Planetarium, up to 15% discount in our shops, cafes, restaurants and online shop (exclusions may apply) & discounted entry into special exhibitions
- Invitations - come to special members-only events
- Updates - regular e-newsletter with news, exhibitions and free event lisitings
- What's on - our Exhibitions & Events guide direct to your door
Family Members (2 adults and up to 5 children) receive:
- Discounts - 50% off entrance to the Planetarium, discounted entry into special exhibitions and up to 15% discount in our cafes, restaurants, shops and online shop (exclusions may apply)
- Invitations - exclusive events throughout the year
- Activities - regularly receive fun, family trails to explore and discover our venues
- Updates - our Family Guide direct to your door and family focused e-newsletters
For information on our Life Members please refer to point 6.
4. What kind of events are members invited to?
Membership events are often focused on a new exhibition at one of our venues and can feature a talk or Q&A session with an invited speaker. Members also have the chance to explore the exhibition outside of normal opening hours and enjoy a complimentary cup of tea or coffee.
See our membership events page for some of our past events.
5. How do I choose the right membership for me?
Simply pick the membership from our standard list that best fits your needs - if the membership you need is not listed, please contact us.
- Concessions (senior citizen/ student)
- Joint Concession (senior citizen/ student)
- Joint Adult
6. What is Life Membership?
Life Membership is a lifelong commitment to culture. Life Members receive our special membership cards and all of our standard membership benefits every year for the remainder of their life. (See point 7 for more details)
Life Members never have to renew their membership and also receive:
- Double invitations to our exhibition private views each calendar year
- Choice of an exhibition catalogue upon joining
- Acknowledgement (with your consent) on this website - see our current Life Members
Life Memberships are priced:
- Concession - senior - £200
- Joint Concession - senior - £350
- Adult - £300
- Joint Adult - £500
- Family -£500
7. How long is membership valid for?
Our standard membership is valid for 12 months from date of sign up.
Life Memberships are valid for the remainder of the members’ life. Family Life Memberships are valid until the youngest child turns 18 and then the membership will become either a Life Joint adult or Life Joint concession (senior).
8. How do my membership fees support National Museums Liverpool?
A different project or venue is chosen each membership year to receive support from the membership scheme. Funds raised by our members in previous years have supported exhibitions. In our first year, funds raised helped to conserve the last surviving motor coach (No.3) from the historic Liverpool Overhead Railway, prior to its display in the new Museum of Liverpool.
9. How do I renew my membership?
You can renew online or by calling the Membership Officer on 0151 478 4157.
Before your membership expires, we will be in touch with details telling you how to renew your membership. We will request payment for the coming membership year and on receipt of payment will issue you with your new membership card.
If you are a Life Member, you don't ever have to renew.
10. Can I pay by Direct Debit or pay my membership fees online?
National Museums Liverpool does not currently accept payment by Direct Debit.
You can purchase or renew a membership online, please use our secure online form.
Become a member now