Afro Supa Hero / Black Star competition
Afro Supa ® Car Wash : 2016 Limited Edition print celebrating the 40th anniversary of the American comedy film ‘Car Wash’. Concept & Design © Jon Daniel. Afro Supa ® is a registered trademark owned by Jon Daniel. All rights reserved.
Last chance to see!
It’s true what they say - all good things must come to an end! Our free Afro Supa Hero exhibition closes to the public on Sunday 11 December. Don’t miss your last chance to come face to face with Mr T, the Halem Globetrotters, Muhammad Ali and other inspirational pop cultural heroes and heroines of the African diaspora.
To mark the end of the exhibition, we’ve teamed up with the British Film Institute (BFI) to offer two lucky winners the chance to win a great Black Star / Afro Supa Hero prize package.
We have two prize packages on offer, each containing:
- A copy of the 160 page Black Star: A BFI Compendium which “uncovers the history of the great Black stars of film and television, exploring a legacy that stretches from the long-forgotten figures of the early years of cinema to the global megastars of today, and from the ongoing fight against racism and the prejudice to the flash bulbs of the red carpet."
- A signed copy of the Afro Supa Hero exhibition book.
- A signed limited edition Afro Supa® Car Wash print designed by Jon Daniel to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the American comedy film, recently screened at the museum as part of BFI’s Black Star season.
How to enter
Enter now by completing the entry form below. Closing date for entries is 5pm on Sunday 11 December.
Please read our terms and conditions below to ensure you are eligible to enter.
Black Star is the UK’s biggest ever season of film and television dedicated to celebrating the range, versatility and power of Black actors. Throughout the autumn, Black Star has been celebrating the relationship between stars and the audiences who love them, spotlighting great performances by black actors on screen. The Black Star season also sadly comes to an end this month, so if you’d like details of any of the remaining events visit the Black Star website.
Full terms and conditions
For National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside (operating as National Museums Liverpool)
- Closing date for entry is 5pm on Sunday 11 December 2016. After this, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- There is no entry fee, and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions and agreement to be bound by them.
- The competition is restricted UK residents and to those aged 18 years or over.
- Employees of National Museums Liverpool, or their family members or partners (or anyone else connected in any way with the competition) shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition, and the prize for each winner, are as follows
- To qualify for entry, entrants must complete the entry form above with details of their email address to gain entry into the prize draw.
- Two winners will be drawn at random on Monday 12 December from all the correct entries received.
- Winners will be notified by email on Tuesday 13 December 2016. If the winner cannot be contacted, or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner, and pick a replacement winner.
- There are two first prizes each comprising of: a copy of Black Star, A BFI Compendium; a signed copy of the Afro Supa Hero exhibition book and a signed Limited Edition Afro Supa Car Wash print.
- Prizes will be despatched to the winners via Royal Mail Special Delivery, following successful notification by National Museums Liverpool. Royal Mail will require a signature on delivery. Any packages returned to National Museums Liverpool undelivered will result in the prize being forfeited.
- The prize cannot be substituted for any other prize.
- National Museums Liverpool’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- National Museums Liverpool is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The competition, and these terms and conditions, will be governed by English law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner, or any other entrants, will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation, and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Competitions, Marketing and Communications, National Museums Liverpool, 127 Dale Street, Liverpool, L2 2JH
- National Museums Liverpool reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, and these terms and conditions, without notice, in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil, or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation, or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value, without giving notice.
Afro Supa® is a registered trademark owned by Jon Daniel. All Rights Reserved.