My House of Memories app
Download the My House of Memories app (version 4)
About the app
My House of Memories allows you to explore objects from the past and share memories together. It can be used by anyone, but has been designed for, and with, people living with dementia and their carers.
Browse through objects from across the decades, brought to life with multimedia, to reminisce about a range of every day objects, from school life to sport. Save objects to your own memory tree, memory box or memory timeline. Create personal profiles for different people, so that they can save their favourite objects and look at them again. Find out more about living well with dementia, and how carers can support people through memory activities you can do together.
What's new in version 4?
More objects are now available to download, including a new set of maritime themed objects.
Full features include:
- Inspirational objects from a range of museums, spanning the decades 1920s-1980s to stimulate memory and conversation
- An easy to use design with simple touch screen controls that empower users
- Option to add themed sets of objects, from “work and family life” to “music and entertainment”
- Music, sound effects and videos to provide a rich, multi-sensory experience and bring objects to life
- Activities to do together - collect your favourite objects for display in a memory tree, memory box or timeline
- A ‘music box’ function that plays back your memory display to a selection of music provided by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- Export your memory tree, box or timeline to share with others* A ‘read aloud’ option for people who prefer to listen than read
- Helpful ‘Hints’ to prompt people and remind them what the objects are
- Information for carers, including a dementia awareness guide, tips and ideas for memory activities and resources, an interactive quiz and a number of informative films
My House of Memories in GP surgeries
A text-only version of the My House of Memories app promotional film shown above has been created for use in doctors' surgeries and other clinical settings.
If you would like to promote the app in your place of work by showing the short text-only version of the film, you can:
FInd out more about the House of Memories programme.
Dave and Eileen, pictured here using the app together, helped develop the app. Hear them talk about the app in the video above.