My House of Memories app
Video about My House of Memories app
Download the app
You can download the app from:
About the app
My House of Memories allows you to explore objects from the past and share memories together. It can be used by anyone, but has been designed for, and with, people living with dementia and their carers.
Browse through objects from across the decades, brought to life with multimedia, to reminisce about a range of every day objects, from school life to sport. Save objects to your own memory tree, memory box or memory timeline. Create personal profiles for different people, so that they can save their favourite objects and look at them again. Read the carer's toolkit, with top tips for reminiscence, and ideas for memory activities you can do together.
- Hundreds of inspirational objects from the 1920s-1980s to stimulate memory and conversation
- Fascinating facts and background information about the objects
- Music, sound effects and videos to provide a rich, multi-sensory experience and bring objects to life
- An easy to use design with simple touchscreen controls that empower users
- Activities to do together - collect your favourite objects for display in a memory tree, memory box or timeline
- A ‘read aloud’ option for people who prefer to listen than read
- Helpful ‘Hints’ to prompt people and remind them what the objects are
- A toolkit for carers, with tips and hints on additional memory activities you can do together
FInd out more about the House of Memories programme.
Dave and Eileen, pictured here using the app together, helped develop the app. Hear them talk about the app in the video above.