Support House of Memories
© Pete Carr
Please support House of Memories, by making a donation. This will enable us to develop the programme and create new memory activities and resources. You can donate online using this form.
Our 2015 House of Memories fundraising target is £150,000, which will enable us to:
- Continue to train professional health and social care sector to access House of Memories.
- Develop the programme for families and volunteers supporting people living with dementia.
- Provide additional training dates, memory resources and activities.
- Offer assistance with travel to our museums.
- Provide home based memory resources and access to the My House of Memories app.
- Link family carers to Liverpool’s Happy Older People network (HOP) - a network of cultural partners supporting older people, led by National Museums Liverpool.
All donations will be allocated directly to House of Memories delivery as follows:
- £50k to support 1,000 family carers, community volunteers to attend a bespoke House of Memories dementia awareness for family carers programme.
- £35k to enable 2,000 health and social carers attend the House of Memories training programme.
- £10k to develop ten new memory suitcases, working with diverse communities in Liverpool. This is a free resource for older people to access in their health and social care settings.
- £20k for digital community content to be added to the My House of Memories app. The app is an excellent tool enabling older people living with dementia to access wonderful museum objects through technology.
- £35k to support the Happy Older People Network including; access to meetings for older people living in Liverpool; co-ordination of e-newsletter and website; and the HOP Pot, a small funding opportunity to pilot new arts activity with older people.
For more information on how to support the scheme, please contact the Development Office on 0151 478 4118.