Philharmonic Hall, 1939. See a larger version of this image from the Metropolis exhibition
Philharmonic Hall, 2006, by Ian Jackson. View and comment on a larger version of this image on Flickr
Ian Jackson was the original editor of the Art in Liverpool website and Art in Liverpool blog.
The original photo of the Philharmonic Hall was taken in 1939, the year it was opened. The building was designed by Herbert Rowse, replacing the 1849 original that had been destroyed by fire in 1933.