'Morley' display in Henderson and Sons department store window, Church Street, 1949
Stewart Bale collection online exhibition
Archive reference 49480
Zoom into the detail of this photograph
A display of a brand of stockings in a former Liverpool department store. Henderson and Sons was destroyed by fire in 1960 and after rebuilding continued to trade under this name until 1975.
The window has been dressed not just to exhibit goods that can be purchased within but to entice people to go into the shop.