Lewis's Liverpool, exterior, 1931
Stewart Bale collection online exhibition
Archive reference 9035
Zoom into the detail of this photograph
A view along Renshaw Street looking towards Lewis’s department store, showing the building prior to war damage during the May blitz in 1941.
The sign above the arched entrance advertises an additional three acres of floor space indicating just how massive this department store was.