Also known as the Sun lounge, this was used as a waiting area for pilots going on duty. The bulkhead (wall) is beautifully clad in oak paneling.
On the bulkhead below the builder’s plate there is a clock and barometer. These were presented to the ship by its namesake, Mr Edmund Gardner, who was chairman of the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board 1948-1950. The Edmund Gardner and her sister ships, the Sir Thomas Broclebank and the Arnet Robinson, maintained the tradition of naming pilot ships after former Board chairmen.
Builder's plate, clock and barometer