Anchor

large ship's anchor outside museum entrance

The Admiralty pattern anchor from HMS Conway can be seen on the quayside in front of the museum.

Following the loss of the ship in 1953, the anchor was recovered in 1968 and kept by the parade ground at the 'Stone Frigate' training school in Plas Newydd, Anglesey|. It was donated to the museum in 1980.

Accession number 1980.225