Uninscribed bell from Lusitania’s sister ship Mauretania. A similar bell was retrieved from the Lusitania wreck in 1982. It was made in 1907 by Thomas Utley and Co. Ltd, a Liverpool company who also produced bells for Lusitania, Olympic, Titanic and many others.
After being removed from Mauretania, it was given to Bebington Parish, Wirral, in 1936 by Cunard’s Chairman Sir Percy Bates for use as their church bell. The church council donated it to the museum in 1989.