Design your own shipping poster!
If the posters in the Sail Away exhibition have inspired you then it's your turn to get creative! Design your own shipping poster and send it to us for our online gallery. Your design could win a prize! Here are the entries we've received so far:
How to take part
You can use any method you want to create your poster - draw it with good old pencil and paper, paint it, make a collage, design it on your computer, or use an app on your smartphone. Maybe go and see one of the many cruise liners that are visiting Liverpool this year for inspiration - and remember to pop in to see the exhibition when you do!
If you make your poster in the 'real world' then take a photo of it or scan it, then send your design to us by one of these methods by Sunday 2 November 2014:
- Tweet it to @MerseyMaritime, with the hashtag #SailAway
- Post it on Instagram with the hashtag #SailAway
- Add your design to our Sail Away poster group on Flickr
- Add it straight to our online gallery using our uploader
Please read the competition's terms and conditions before you enter.
We'll add all the social media entries to our online gallery below, then in October 2014 all the poster designs will be judged by Angie Redhead, Cruise and Operations Manager at Liverpool Cruise Terminal. The winner will receive a goody bag, including:
- A framed print, signed by the Liverpool Cruise Terminal photographer
- A Liverpool Cruise Terminal calendar
- A Liverpool Cruise Terminal mug
- Some 'I Love Liverpool' goodies
Terms and conditions
- By submitting a poster design and agreeing to the terms and conditions you are consenting to your image possibly being used on the National Museums Liverpool or Liverpool Cruise Terminal website, blog or social media in features related to this competition. Any images used will be credited to the person who designed them. National Museums Liverpool and Liverpool Cruise Terminal will not use poster designs submitted to this competition for any other purpose unless we contact you first.
- All images will be moderated by a member of staff before they are added to an online gallery of competition entries on the National Museums Liverpool website.
- Offensive material will not be included.
- Images must be your own copyright, do not upload other people’s work.
- Closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 2 November 2014.
- The poster designs will be judged by Angie Redhead, Cruise and Operations Manager at Liverpool Cruise Terminal in November 2014. The winner will then be contacted to arrange collection or delivery of the prize.