Mapping Memory by National Museums LiverpoolMapping Memory National Museums Liverpool
1950s restoration and reopening
Courtesy of Angus Tilston - Blacklers director
This memory is in:
Transcript for 1950s restoration and reopening
Rebuilding commenced in 1950, on 26th March 1953, coronation year, the first third of the rebuilt store opened to the public. Two years later in 1955 the rest opened almost fourteen years from its destruction in the May 41 raids.