Useful websites related to the Border Force National Museum
Archive and heritage websites
Endangered species and animal welfare websites
- CITES - Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species - International Union for Conservation of Nature looks at the status of plants and animals
- IFAW - International Fund for Animal Welfare
- WWF - World Wide Fund for Nature
Please note that the accuracy of the web addresses was last checked in February 2010.
Departmental structure changes
Please note that the department has gone through many changes over the last century.
- Before 1909 Customs and Excise were separate departments. Excise was under the control of the Board of Inland Revenue.
- Between 1909-2005 HM Customs & Excise existed. Inland Revenue and Immigration were separate departments.
- In 2005 HM Customs & Excise merged with Inland Revenue to establish HM Revenue and Customs.
- In 2009 the border protection role of HM Revenue and Customs was merged with Immigration to form UK Border Agency, which later became UK Border Force. The tax collecting activities remain with HM Revenue and Customs.
Do you need any further help?
We hope this information was useful, but if you have any further queries please see Useful publications for researchers.