This image is Pier Head station. The first section of the line opened on 4 February 1893 and this was the Overhead Railway’s busiest station. This area was a hub for trams, omnibuses and horse-drawn carriages transporting goods around the city. Pier Head Station had two platforms that were reached by stairs that led up from street level. Underneath the station was a shop that sold confectionary, newspaper and tobacco products. In this photograph, Nestle and Lewis’s advertisements can be seen just near the platform staircases.