This Leyland Pump-Escape Appliance has the name 'Liverpool Fire Brigade' on each side. It has an open body on which the firemen sat sideways down either side, with a demountable escape ladder and a rear-mounted Rees water pump. It is powered by a four-cylinder petrol engine and was originally fitted with solid rubber tyres but these were replaced by pneumatic tyres in 1931.
Manufactured by Leyland Motors Ltd, Lancashire, it was the last of six Leyland vehicles purchased by Liverpool Fire Brigade between 1920 and 1929. The escape ladder was built by the brigade. It remained in service until the 1950s and was presented to the Liverpool City Museum (as World Museum was then known) in 1954 by the Liverpool Fire Brigade, Hatton Garden, Liverpool.