Seddon 5L flat-bed lorry, 1949
Accession number 1975.301
This lorry was used around Liverpool docks by AE Smith Coggins, Stevedores, Liverpool. When the stevedoring work was taken over by the Mersey Docks and Harbour Company they sold this lorry to National Museums Liverpool.
It is an early example of a Seddon diesel-powered lorry in the middle weight range as used throughout the country, and in Liverpool docks in particular. Spillers, for example, had a large fleet.
Manufactured by Seddon Diesel Vehicles Ltd, Oldham, Lancashire. Registration LTU819.
Currently in store.