Merseystyle photography competition
The Caravan Gallery has a distinctive style. Can you match its wit and composition?
Our photography competition, which has now closed, was looking for photographs of Liverpool and Wirral which reflect a unique and personal view of your neighbourhood.
Five winning photos from this competition were displayed within the Merseystyle exhibition in the Skylight Gallery at the Museum of Liverpool from 23 September to 27 October 2013.
Please note that the closing date for entries was midnight on Monday 26 August 2013.
The competition was judged by Patrick Henry, LOOK/13 festival director; The Caravan Gallery and our curators.
See the entries we've had in our online gallery.
Terms and conditions
- By submitting a photograph and agreeing to the terms and conditions you are consenting to that photograph possibly being used on the National Museums Liverpool website or blog in features related to this competition. Any photos used will be credited to the photographer. National Museums Liverpool will not use photos submitted to this competition for any other purpose unless we contact you first.
- All images will be moderated by a member of staff before they are added to an online gallery of competition entries on the National Museums Liverpool website.
- Only images of the Merseyside area will be included.
- Offensive material will not be included.
- Images must be your own copyright, do not upload other people’s work.
- Closing date for entries is midnight on Monday 26 August 2013.
- The five best photographs from the online gallery, as judged by The Caravan Gallery, LOOK/13 festival director Patrick Henry and Museum of Liverpool curators, will be printed and included within the exhibition from 23 September to 27 October 2013.
- Winners will be notified in September 2013.
- The five winning photographs will be printed at 545mm x 395mm, so we will need a suitable quality high res image for printing. You can upload images up to 6mb to enter the competition. If you win then we might get back to you to request a larger image for printing.
- Our curators may be interested in including some entries in the interactive Merseyside Map in the History Detectives gallery at the Museum of Liverpool. The map features photographs from all over Merseyside that have been submitted by members of the public. If you would like your photograph to be considered for inclusion on the Merseyside Map please tick the final box on the entry form. Please note that we will need the precise location of the photo for it to be included on the map, which can be included in the caption.
This exhibition was part of the LOOK/13: Liverpool International Photography Festival.