Shoes online exhibition
Accession number MLL.2005.58.3
This pair of black patent pumps with cut steel buckles, were part of the ceremonial outfit of William Oulton, Lord Mayor of Liverpool from 1898 to 1899.
These pumps along with the rest of his outfit were found in the attic of a derelict house in London in the 1970s. The outfit was returned to Liverpool when it was acquired by the Museum of Liverpool in 2005.
Back to the top