This book is about the medieval town of Liverpool and the area of the post-medieval township, which remained a separate administrative unit until the boundary changes of 1835. Liverpool was bounded by Kirkdale, Everton and West Derby townships and Toxteth Park. Today this area forms the heart of the City of Liverpool, and its separate identity is hard to imagine. The growth of the town in the period from 1207 to 1770 is traced through its principal sites and buildings, as they have been revealed through documentary research and archaeological activity.
Format: Paperback, 75 pages
Dimensions: 29.8 x 21 x 0.5cm
Publisher: Merseyside Archaeological Society 2007
ISBN: 0 906479 04 5