Also in this section…?
- Video: the Holt family maid
- 'A Bacchante', Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema
- 'Love's Palace', John Melhuish Strudwick
- 'The Evening Star', Henry William Banks Davis
- 'The Two Mothers', Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 'St Cecilia', John Melhuish Strudwick
- 'Evening: The West still glimmers with some streaks of day', Thomas Creswick
- 'Her eyes are with her heart', Phillip Hermogenes Calderon
- 'What is it?', Henry Stacy Marks
- 'Weaving the Wreath', Frederic Lord Leighton
- 'Study', Frederic Lord Leighton
- 'A Venetian Flower Girl', Samuel Luke Fildes
- 'The Finding of the Saviour in the Temple', William Holman Hunt
This was the Holts’ best room. The fireplace and the pictures are still here, but everything else has changed since their time.
The Holts’ furniture has gone, but we have put in some Victorian furniture to give this corner of the room a similar look. The wallpaper now in the room probably dates from George Holt’s time.