Also in this section…?
- 'Red and Blue Macaw', Henry Stacey Marks
- 'A Girl with her Dog', British School
- 'The Village Pastor', William Powell Frith
- 'Give Us This Day our Daily Bread', James Clarke Hook
- 'A Girl with a Basket of Apples', Hugues Merle
- 'Free From Care', Thomas Faed
- 'Fair at Fougères, Brittany', Frederick Goodall
- 'Card Players', Luigi Zuccoli
- 'Market Day', George Bernard O'Neill
- 'Sheep and Lambs', Rosa Bonheur
- 'Dog with slipper', Sir Edwin Landseer
- 'A Venetian Flower Girl', Samuel Luke Fildes
'Red and Blue Macaw', Henry Stacey Marks
Painting not currently on display.
Marks rose to prominence with historical scenes but became best known for his colourful paintings of birds. He had a knack of capturing their character and humour with uncanny accuracy.
The decorative quality of the composition, with its carefully positioned foliage reflects the contemporary fascination with Japanese art.
Medium and Support: Oil on canvas
Accession No: WAG 266