Also in this section…?
- Video: George Holt
- 'Mother and Child', James John Hill
- 'Margate Harbour', Joseph Mallord William Turner
- 'Dutch Boats Beating into the Scheldt', Edward William Cooke
- 'Mrs Elizabeth Holt', George Henry
- 'Emma Holt', Percy Bigland
- 'George Holt senior', Philip Westcott
- 'Emma Durning Holt and Anne Holt', Philip Westcott
- 'Jane Durning', Thomas Arrowsmith
- 'William Durning', Thomas Arrowsmith
- 'The Sailing Ship, Emma', Samuel Walters
- 'George Holt', Robert E Morrison
- 'A Treatise on Parrots', Henry Stacy Marks
- 'Gypsy Sisters of Seville', John Phillip
'Mrs Elizabeth Holt', George Henry
The Scottish artist, best known for the Japanese influences in his youthful pictures, was an unusual choice for this commission: a presentation portrait of Elizabeth, George Holt’s widow, on her eightieth birthday.
The portrait was shown at the Liverpool Autumn Exhibition at the Walker Art Gallery in 1914.
Medium and Support: Oil on canvas
Accession No: WAG 241