Also in this section…?
- Video: George Holt
- 'Mother and Child', James John Hill
- 'Margate Harbour', Joseph Mallord William Turner
- 'Dutch Boats Beating into the Scheldt', Edward William Cooke
- 'Mrs Elizabeth Holt', George Henry
- 'Emma Holt', Percy Bigland
- 'George Holt senior', Philip Westcott
- 'Emma Durning Holt and Anne Holt', Philip Westcott
- 'Jane Durning', Thomas Arrowsmith
- 'William Durning', Thomas Arrowsmith
- 'The Sailing Ship, Emma', Samuel Walters
- 'George Holt', Robert E Morrison
- 'A Treatise on Parrots', Henry Stacy Marks
- 'Gypsy Sisters of Seville', John Phillip
'William Durning', Thomas Arrowsmith
Please note - this painting is not currently on display.
This and its pair, 'Jane Durning', are portraits of George Holt senior’s parents-in-law. William Durning, born in 1751, was a wine and spirit merchant in Liverpool.
The Durnings were Unitarians, a faith shared by their daughter Emma and their Holt grandchildren.Â Â
Medium and Support:Oil on canvas
Accession No:WAG 8705