Outstanding locations, perfectly situated
Whether you’re making a film, documentary, advert or news programme, we welcome requests to film at our museums and galleries. Our team have the resources and expertise to help make your project a success, and we will help to guide you through every stage of the process, from a site visit through to supporting and managing your filming day. From historic court rooms - ideal for period dramas - to a ship permanently docked at the Merseyside Maritime Museum, our venues provide a wide range of opportunities.
Commercial filming in our museums and galleries requires a high level of organisation and management so will therefore incur a charge. If your filming is of our collections and exhibitions, relating to a topical news story, or interviewing our staff to showcase the museum, then this may be accommodated free of charge.
Previous clients include
- BBC's Lapland
- Nickelodeon's 'House of Anubis' at World Museum
- BBC's 'Bargain Hunt' at both Walker Art Gallery and Lady Lever Art Gallery
- BBC's 'Crimewatch', drama 'Justice' and film 'Christina Noble' at County Sessions House
- Channel 4's 'Hollyoaks' at Museum of Liverpool
- BBC's 'Antiques Roadshow' at Lady Lever Art Gallery
- ITV's 'Foyle's War' at Piermaster's House
- 'Bulletproof' at World Museum
- 'Safe' at the Walker Art Gallery
- 'Tolkien' outside the Walker Art Gallery and World Museum
- 'War of the Worlds' outside the Walker Art Gallery
- 'The City and the City' at County Sessions House
- 'Official Secrets' at County Sessions House
- Burberry Acoustic filmed the band 'The Daydream Club' on the colonnades at Merseyside Maritime Museum
- Sky Sports advert raising awareness for mental health charity filmed aboard Edmund Gardner ship
To find out more, please get in touch with our Communications Manager, Lucy Hodson, on 0151 478 4615 or by email Lucy.Hodson@liverpoolmuseums.org.uk.