Also in this section…?
- The Oratory, St James's Cemetery
- The architecture of the Oratory
- The architect, John Foster Jnr
- The Greek Revival
- 'Agnes Elizabeth Jones', Pietro Tenerani
- 'Mrs Emily Robinson', John Gibson
- 'Henry Park'
- 'John Foster' memorial tablet
- 'John Gore', William Spence
- 'John Rhodes', Sir Francis Chantrey
- 'John Thomson', Sir William Chantrey
- 'Henry Faithwaite Leigh, George Leigh and Catherine Pulford', William Spence
- 'The Nicholson Family'
- 'Rev Ralph Nicholson and his wife Catherine'
- 'Rt Rev Thomas Penswick', Peter Turnerelli
- 'William Earle', John Gibson
- 'William Ewart', Joseph Gott
- 'William and George Hetherington', George Lewis of Cheltenham
- 'William Hammerton', John Gibson
- 'Dr William Stevenson', John Alexander Patterson MacBride
- 'William White'
'Henry Faithwaite Leigh, George Leigh and Catherine Pulford', William Spence
Accession number WAG8776
Henry Faithwaite Leigh’s epitaph records his involvement in the founding of St Nicholas’s Catholic chapel (the original location of the monument) and its adjoining school. The design of the memorial is quite simple: a relief carving of an urn bearing Leigh’s coat of arms, set against a background of grey marble.