The first floor contains our major paintings and special exhibitions.
The ground floor has a craft and design gallery, sculpture gallery and children's gallery.
If you wish to see a particular artwork please contact the gallery before you visit to check it is on display.
We have changing exhibitions in our special exhibition galleries so visit our exhibitions pages to see what's on now!
- Room 1 - Medieval and Renaissance art including Cranach, Holbein and Simone Martini
- Room 2 - Late Renaissance Italy including Titian
- Room 3 - 17th century paintings and silver including Poussin and Rubens, plus a unique sculpture by Banksy.
- Room 4 - 17th century Dutch and Flemish art including Rembrandt, van Goyen and Bor
- Room 5 - 18th century paintings and decorative arts including Gainsborough, Reynolds, Stubbs, Wilson and Wedgwood
- Room 6 - Pre-Raphaelites including Millais, Hunt, Madox Brown, Brett and Liverpool Pre-Raphaelites
- Room 7 - Romanticism and early 19th century British paintings including Turner, Constable, West, Martin and Daguerre
- Room 8 - High Victorian art including Rossetti, Leighton and Watts
- Room 9 - Merseyside people and places including work by Liverpool artists.
- Room 10 - Impressionism and after, including Monet, Degas, Cezanne, Seurat, Sickert, Rodin and Matisse
- Room 11 - British art 1880 - 1950, including Spencer, Knight, Freud, Bomberg and Lowry. This room has an interactive timeline for you to explore our artworks.
- Rooms 12 to 15 - 1950 - now - changing displays
You can also see a selection of paintings and sculptures on the stairs and our first floor landing.