'The Gift of Doves', James Herbert McNair
Watercolour and wash with silver and gold paint on vellum
s. and d.b.r.: ‘J. HERBERT MACNAIR / 1904’
28.5 x 20.0 (11 3/16 x 7 15/16)
National Museums Liverpool (Walker Art Gallery)
In the early 1900s, the McNairs collaborated on the production of companion artworks such as this and 'Golden Heart'.
The partnership followed that of the Macdonald sisters in the 1890s when the artists worked separately but to a pre-determined brief.