Instagram photo competition - the winner
The winning image by Scott Spencer
Inspired by the 'Only in England' exhibition, we asked you to show us your photographs on Instagram, that captured the unique character of Merseyside.
We had over 1,000 entries and were overwhelmed by the quality and quantity of the entries.
The Exhibition Team from the Walker Art Gallery chose the winning photo.
And the winner is...
Scott Spencer with his 'Hair by Billy Wizz' photo, taken in Kirkby town centre.
We loved the humour captured in this shot - well done Scott!
Scott will receive a copy of the 'Martin Parr: The Non-Conformists' book and an 'Only in England' exhibition poster.
The winning photograph is now hanging in the exhibition's response area, which you can visit until the end of the exhibition on 7 June 2015.
Gallery of shortlisted entries
Terms and conditions
- By submitting a photograph and agreeing to the terms and conditions you are consenting to your photograph being used on the National Museums Liverpool website, blog and social media channels in features related to this competition.
- Any photos used will be credited to the photographer.
- National Museums Liverpool will not use photos submitted to this competition for any other purpose unless we contact you first.
- Only images of the Merseyside area will be included.
- Offensive material will not be included.
- If your photo includes children, please ensure you have permission from their parent or guardian to take their picture.
- Images must be your own copyright, do not share other people’s work.
- The competition is not open to National Museums Liverpool staff members.