Video with audio, captions and signed in British Sign Language. It offers an overview of the Walker Art Gallery, with a focus on access and includes getting to and getting into the gallery. To turn off the captions click on the CC symbol.
More in depth information on accessibility at the Walker Art Gallery can be found on the Disabled Go website .
- There are two designated spaces available in the rear car park on a pre-booked basis. Contact the information desk on 0151 478 4199. There is also parking on William Brown Street with a limited number of blue badge spaces which are owned by Liverpool City Council and which we cannot reserve. The road surface is cobbled.
In the gallery
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- There are two wheelchairs available to borrow on request at the information desk.
- The building is accessed via a ramp to the right of the main entrance and there is a lift for access to the first floor.
- There are wheelchair accessible toilets on the ground floor.
Group leaders wanting to organise sessions for visitors with special needs should contact our education team on 0151 478 4788.
City centre services
Visitors with mobility probelms may like to make use of Liverpool's Shopmobility service. You can hire equipment including manual and electric wheelchairs and electric scooters. The shop is on the third floor of Liverpool One shopping centre, close to the accessible parking bays in the Strand Street Q-Park. Equipment must be booked in advance and there is a charge.
More information can be found on the Liverpool One website or by calling 0151 707 0877.
The Merseylink Service is a dial-a-ride service for Merseyside people with mobility problems or difficulties, who cannot use or have difficulty using public transport. The service runs from 8am to 11pm daily and can be used by members for travel anywhere in Merseyside. The service is free for members and one essential travel companion.
For further information call 0151 709 1929 or visit the Merseylink website.
What's on printed guides
We offer large print versions of both our exhibitions and events guide and our and family guide. They can be requested through our register with us page.