The first floor contains our major paintings and special exhibitions.We have changing exhibitions in our special exhibition galleries so visit our exhibitions pages to see what's on.
- Room 1 and Room 2 - Medieval and Renaissance including Cranach, Holbein and Simone Martini
- Room 3 and Room 4 - 17th Century including Poussin, Rembrandt, Rubens and Ruysdael
- Room 5 - 18th Century including Gainsborough, Reynolds, Stubbs, Wilson and Wedgwood
- Room 6 - Pre-Raphaelites including Millais, Hunt and Liverpool Pre-Raphaelites
- Room 7 and Room 8 - 19th Century including Rossetti, Yeames and Turner
- Room 9 - Changing displays, currently animals in art
- Room 10 - Impressionists and Post-Impressionists including Monet, Cézanne, and Matisse
- Room 11 - British Art, 1880 – 1950 including Spencer, Lowry and Freud
- Rooms 12 to 14 - Arts Council Collection
- Room 15 - Modern and Contemporary, 1950 to now including Hockney and Ben Johnson
The ground floor has a craft and design gallery, sculpture gallery and children's gallery.
Paintings off display
Room displays can change due to loans, conservation work and display renewal. If you intend to visit the Walker Art Gallery to see a particular artwork, please telephone 0151 478 4199 beforehand to check the artwork is on display.