The first floor contains our major paintings and special exhibitions.We have changing exhibitions in our special exhibition galleries so visit our exhibitions pages to see what's on.
- Room 1 and Room 2 - Medieval and Renaissance including Cranach, Holbein and Simone Martini
- Room 3 and Room 4 - 17th Century including Poussin, Rembrandt, Rubens and Ruysdael
- Room 5 - 18th Century including Gainsborough, Reynolds, Stubbs, Wilson and Wedgwood
- Room 6, 7, 8 -19th century including Rossetti, Yeames, Turner, Millais, Liverpool Pre-Raphaelites.
- Room 9 - Leo Fitzmaurice: Between You and Me and Everything Else
- Room 10 - Impressionists and Post-Impressionists including Monet, Cézanne, Degas, Seurat, Sickert, Rodin and Matisse
- Room 11 - British Art, 1880 – 1950 including Spencer, Knight, Freud, Bomberg and Lowry
- Rooms 12, 13, 14 & 15 - Modern and Contemporary art including John Moores Painting Prize past prize winners and changing exhibitions
The ground floor has a craft and design gallery, sculpture gallery and children's gallery.
Paintings off display
Room displays can change due to loans, conservation work and display renewal. If you intend to visit the Walker Art Gallery to see a particular artwork, please telephone 0151 478 4199 beforehand to check the artwork is on display.