Flat roofed granary with square plan from the tomb of Antef. A doorway painted reddish brown gives access to a walled courtyard that is peaked at the corners. A ladder leads between two levels. Along the back wall are four flat roofed silos which are painted with sliding doors. There are four holes in the terrace through which grain was introduced into the bins. A seated scribe sits on the upper terrace with a reed pen in his right hand and a scribal palette in his left hand. On a writing board he records the amounts of grain being stored or issued. A man is carrying sack on stairs. From the cemetery below the Middle Kingdom rock-cut tombs at Beni Hasan excavated by Professor John Garstang for the Liverpool Institute of Archaeology, 1904-1906: the intact rock-cut shaft tomb of Antef (tomb no. 1). The object was on loan to the museum from the University of Liverpool 1936 - 2000.