Thin copper alloy wire fish-hook with curved end, barbed point and eyelet at the other end. The fish hook was excavated in the isolated buildings (R.41.2) between the Royal Estate and the Great Aten Temple in the Central City region of Tell el-Amarna during the 1932-3 excavations of the Egypt Exploration Society (assigned the find number 32/266). The buildings were thought to be perhaps the houses of the clerks of the works and good examples of ordinary small houses. The building where the fish-hook was found was described by the excavator as, “flimsily built but boasted a number of outbuildings, corn-bins, and courtyards" (1951 p.110). In one of the courtyards was found the body of a male child buried in a vase.