Fragment of painted limestone with a lotus capital column, painted red and green. Excavated by Professor Flinders Petrie at the ruined temple, beside the ancient town of Lahun, which flourished in the 19th and 18th centuries BC, around the pyramid complex of King Senusret II.
Compare with a piece from the King's Temple illustrated in Lahun II (London, 1923) pl. XVI no. 18; and two pieces in the the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, University College London (nos. UC 6549 and UC 6587).