About this object

Plaster cast of a painted stone relief wall carving from the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahri. It is a detail of a scene from the middle colonnade, southern wall, showing Thutmose III offering incense to the sacred boat of Amun.

Blue pencil annotation on the back has a signature with a name now difficult to read but seems to end "enonsksy" and underneath " Deir el Bahari, Thebes". Also on the back is a pencil annotation, "John R. Davies ceris Bangor". Record card notes that it was donated to Norwich Castle Museum by Mr and Mrs R. J. Colman in 1942 (accession number 14.91.942).

Object specifics

  • Type
    Architecture
  • Culture
    New Kingdom
  • Artist/Maker
    Unknown or unrecorded
  • Place made
    Africa: Northern Africa: Egypt: Thebes: Deir el Bahri
  • Date made
    1473 BC - 1458 BC about
  • Materials
    Plaster
  • Location
    Item not currently on display
  • Acquisition
    Purchased from the collections of Norwich Castle Museum
  • Collector
    Unknown or unrecorded
  • Place collected
    Africa: Northern Africa: Egypt: Thebes: Deir el Bahri
  • Date collected
    1942 before
  • Measurements
    757 mm x 720 mm x 30 mm
  • Related people

Ownership

Previous owners

Object view = Humanities
No non-av media found
Have 20 place tagsPage load time: 265 ms