Fragment of a limestone block from the north end of the Great Palace at Amarna, decorated with a relief carving of a queen and the cartouche of Queen Nefertiti. Left side of a figure with upper part of the left arm held horizontally across the chest. There are seven small cartouches scratched onto the upper body and what may be remains of more cartouches on the arm. The figure is wearing a short blue wig held in place by a red scarf which flows behind the shoulder. A vertical column of hieroglyphs discloses part of the figures titulary and name within a cartouche: "great royal wife, Nefertiti..."
From the Central City, Great Palace, Private Quarters: Servants' Quarters: three long magazines and area to the south. Excavated on 12 December 1934, by the Egypt Exploration Society. The object is marked on the top thickness with the find number 47 in black ink. On the roughly carved back surface are areas of soil and black marks, like burn marks. In 2008 the object was conserved and a modern black plastic like substance was removed from the decorated surface.