About this object

String of faience Taweret pendants and ball shaped beads. One of the Taweret pendants is made of a pale blue glass. Rethreaded from a group excavated by the Egypt Exploration Society at Tell el-Amarna and given to the museum in 1931 via Dr Robert Mond, as a momento of an exhibition organised by the Egypt Exploration Society in the autumn of 1930, in which the museum helped by loaning some jewellery.

Locus marks are written on back of two amulets: one is TA 26/7 550 and on another TA 30-1 463.

Object specifics

  • Type
    Personal Ornament
  • Culture
    New Kingdom
  • Artist/Maker
    Unknown or unrecorded
  • Place made
    Africa: Northern Africa: Egypt: Tell el Amarna
  • Date made
    1352 BC - 1336 BC (Dynasty 18: Reign of Akhenaten) about
  • Materials
    Egyptian Faience; Glass
  • Location
    World Museum, Level 3, Ancient Egypt Gallery
  • Acquisition
    Gift of the Egypt Exploration Society, 1931
  • Collector
    Egypt Exploration Society
  • Place collected
    Africa: Northern Africa: Egypt: Tell el Amarna
  • Date collected
    1931 before
  • Measurements
    18 mm x 5 mm x 90 mm
  • Related people
    Egypt Exploration Society (Collector, previous owner)

Ownership

Previous owners

  • Egypt Exploration Society

    Owned from: Unknown or unrecorded
    How acquired: Excavated
    Owned until: 1931
    Disposal method: Donated
Object view = Humanities
No media found
Have 21 place tagsPage load time: 218 ms