Carved limestone doorjamb from the tomb chapel of Ptahshepses who held the following titles: supervisor of prophets of the pyramid of Teti, prophet of the pyramid of Unas, greatest of controllers of craftsmen (High Priest of Ptah) of the 'two houses' (Upper and Lower Egypt).
The doorway consists of an inscribed lintel in four pieces, with some fragments missing) an incomplete drum with titles; and a doorjamb (55.67b) with a raised relief representation of the deceased and two children.
One of two Old Kingdom monuments from Saqqara given to the University of Liverpool by Revd. William MacGregor on the foundation of the Institute of Archaeology, 1904. It was on loan to the museum from the University of Liverpool 1955 - 2000.