Ethel Mary Hartland

Collector associated with Antiquities collections

Miss Ethel Hartland donated a small group of antiquities which she inherited from her father, Dr. Edwin Sidney Hartland (1848–1927). A handwritten note dated April 29 1914 suggests they were collected in 1830 by "father and his brothers" (Edwin's father?).

Ethel Hartland was a Justice of the Peace and member of the Gloucestershire Women Magistrates’ Society. She lived at 13 Alexandra Road, Gloucester. The collection was donated to Liverpool Museum via Gloucester Museum in 1953 (53.72 accession series). The curator at Gloucester, Mr J. N. Taylor assisted with the rebuilding of Liverpool's collection on a number of occasions.
  • Gender
    Female
  • Relationship
    Previous owner
  • Nationality
    British
  • Born
    1875-09-01
  • Place of birth
    Unknown or unrecorded
  • Died
    1964
  • Place of death
    Unknown or unrecorded
  • Cause of death
    Unknown or unrecorded
Page load time: 281 ms