Taunton Museum

Donor to Ethnology collections

Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society was founded in 1849 in Taunton in rented rooms and moved to Taunton Castle in 1873. This became the County Museum in 1958, when the collection was leased to Somerset County Council. In 1941 it was agreed that all ethnographic material except the African collections would be sent to Liverpool Museum in 1942 (although some African material did come). Most pre-1958 accessions are from the Society.
  • Gender
    N/A
  • Relationship
    Previous owner
  • Nationality
    Unknown or unrecorded
  • Born
    Unknown or unrecorded
  • Place of birth
    Unknown or unrecorded
Page load time: 281 ms