12 February - 28 August 2007
Animated Adventures looks at how animators come up with their ideas and put them into practise. The animators' own words are used to guide you through the creative process with the making of 'Wallace and Gromit, The Curse of the Were-rabbit' at the centre of the exhibition.
Models and sets from the feature film reveal the amazing detail that is put into each of the scenes. Fans of the film will instantly recognize Wallace and Gromit's basement, Tottingham Hall's entrance hallway, Mulche's garden and the Carousel.
There's also plenty for visitors to interact with. You can:
- control the lighting on a Wallace and Gromit vicarage set
- use touch screens to colour in a range of characters
- add sound effects to a clip from 'The Curse of the Were-rabbit'
- animate Morph from 1980s BBC programmes Take Hart and Hartbeat
- create animated title credits
- make your own mini-movie
- learn to draw Wallace and Gromit.
Animated Adventures has been developed by W5 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, for eTEC (the ecsite-uk Travelling Exhibitions Consortium). eTEC is a consortium of At-Bristol, ecsite-uk, National Museums Liverpool, Magna and W5 together producing three interactive, travelling exhibitions funded by the Millennium Commission through a ReDiscover grant.