Build your own dinosaur competition
This competition is now closed
This competition is now closed. The winners will be announced on 3 February 2012 and will receive some cool dinosaur prizes!
Terms and conditions:
- The competition is for young people aged 4 to 17. There will be the following categories 4 to 7, 8 to 11,12 to 14 and 15-17 or as a class entry for schools.
- Entries should be a representation of a real or imaginary dinosaur or a creature that lived at the same time as the dinosaurs.
- Entries may be made of any material that is safe to use.
- Entries should be named and should have a card with the entrant's name and contact details firmly attached to them. This card will be removed before they are displayed
- Entries must be no more than 40 cm in any direction and weigh no more than 5 kg.
- Entries must be submitted at World Museum in Liverpool by 4pm on the 23 January 2012.
- Judging will take place between the 24 January and 27 January 2012. The prize ceremony will be on the evening of 3 February 2012. The decision of the judges is final.
- There will be three prizes in each of the age groups and a prize for the best 'class entry' for schools. The best 30 entries will each receive tickets to the prize ceremony on the evening of 3 February 2012.
- As many entries as possible will be displayed at the World Museum from the 2 February to the 15 April 2012.
- Entries must be collected before the 30 April 2012; any models not collected by then will be disposed of.
- Entries remain the property of the entrant and they are submitted to World Museum at entirely at their own risk.
- Images of the entries may be posted on the World Museum website and on Flickr, along with the first name or nickname and age of the entrant. Photos of the prize-winners may also be published on the museum website with permission.
For more information please contact: