Rock pool flexible session
- Suitable for: Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2, Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4, Post 16, Post 18
- Subjects: Science
- Session type: Museum led
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Class size (maximum): 30
- Venue: World Museum
- Price: £70 (inc VAT) per session from September 2017
Why is there a charge?
This is an informal flexible session where you will get to meet and learn about some of our rock pool animals.
This is a bookable session for any type of group visiting World Museum in Liverpool including, schools, adult learners or groups with additional needs. This session is led by an experienced member of the museum's education team who can tailor it to meet the needs of any individual group.
Please give details of your groups specific needs when making your booking.
© Mark McNulty
Learning outcomes will vairy depending on your groups focus, but an average session will include the following.
Knowledge and understanding
- Learn about how to recognize similarities and differences in organisms.
- Learn about local wildlife and where to find it.
- Learn about addaptaions of Rock Pool animals
Pupils will be introduced to:
- Similarities and differences.
- Identifying Organisms.
- Develop observation skills by looking at the anatomy of rock pool animals.
- Improve their speaking and listening skills in a group discussion context.
- Learn to give reasoned answers backed up by evidence.
- Enjoy a focused visit to the aquarium
- Be inspired to take an interest in the natural world and our coastline.
- Learn to understand that different animals live in different habitats and have adaptations to help them survive.
- Learn how to recognize some common animals in our local shores.