Rainbow fish story sack - self led
- Suitable for: Early Years Foundation Stage
- Subjects: Communication and language, Understanding of the World
- Session type: Teacher led
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Class size (maximum): 30
- Venue: World Museum
This learning session is self led, your class will have private use of the Rainbow fish story sack and the Aquarium education space for 1 hour.
During this fun active session your group can explore ideas about the sea and our planet and hear how the rainbow fish learned to share. The session is based around group games including make your own fuzzy felt rainbow fish and sea creature pass the parcel. It also involves music, soft toys and story books.
The story sack includes:
- Inflatable globe
- 'The Story of the Rainbow Fish' (and other books)
- Class set of resources to make your own felt rainbow fish
- Rainbow fish toy with removable scales
- Sea creature pass the parcel game
- Animal puppets
- CD and CD player
Curriculum links and learning outcomes
The children will talk about the features of their own immediate environment and how environments might vary from one another.
The children will make observations of animals and plants and explain why some things occur, and talk about changes.