In the interests of public safety our cloakroom facilities including lockers are not in use. Please do not bring large or heavy bags, as you will not be able to store these in the Museum.
- Floor plans - are available at the information desk on the ground floor. They are also displayed in the lifts and on each floor.
- Cloak room - there is a cloak room with lockers near the main entrance where you can leave bags and prams. We ask that visitors avoid bringing large bags into the museum.
- Shops - there is a shop in the ground floor of the museum. On sale are a wide range of books, jewellery, crafts, food and gift ideas from around the world. The shop also sells a full range of souvenirs, toys and books for younger visitors.
- Cafés - there are two cafés to choose from. One on the ground floor and one on the fifth floor of the museum
- Wifi - there is free wifi in the ground floor café.
- Toilets - There are toilets on all floors except the ground floor - they are all accessible to wheelchair users. On the first floor there is also a 'Changing Places' toilet for adults with carers.
- Picnic areas - World Museum stands opposite St Johns Gardens and there is ample room for a picnic on a nice day. Please dispose of rubbish responsibly. There is also a picnic room on level 4. The Learning Base (ground floor) is also used during busy periods.
- Prayer room - the Community Base on Level 4 can be used as a prayer room if requested. Please at the information desk.
- Access to our collections - visitors can arrange appointments with curators via the information desk. If you are visiting to see a particular piece we suggest you contact us in advance to ensure it is on gallery (we sometimes remove objects for conservation or change displays). Call the information desk on 0151 478 4393.
- Access to our libraries - each science collection area is supported by a working library. Their contents range from reference books and current journals to specialist collections of reprints and historic libraries of cognate societies. Books are publicly accessible by appointment only. Find out more about the science libraries