Green glazed faience amuletic wand or throw stick bearing a black inscription with a wedjat eye and the prenomen of Ramesses II. Found at the temple for Hathor, it would have been a votive offering for the goddess Hathor 'mistress of turquoise'. Mended from two pieces with some surface decoration restoration showing brighter. Presented by the Egypt Exploration Fund following Petrie's 1904-1905 excavations at Serabit el-Khadim, one of the main copper mining regions for ancient Egypt. There was a temple for Hathor ('Hathor mistress of turquoise') built in the Middle Kingdom (about 2025-1700 BC) and still important in the New Kingdom (about 1550-1069 BC) as attested by private and royal stelae and many hundreds of votive offerings left on the floor of the temple sanctuary. Condition Note (1998): Incomplete, large chips, surface cracks, surface loss, surface dirt.